Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chery Tomato Passata in the Slow Cooker

2 friends had given my lots of beautiful ripe cherry tomatoes.


I searched a few recipe sites, but none were exactly right, so I blundered on accordingly.

There was no way I was skinning all these, but I did want to remove most of the seeds. This was surprisingly easy.




Firstly I washed them.



Then I cut the tops of each one and squeezed the seeds out.



I had enough to fill a large slow cooker.

I then set it on auto, added a few peeled garlic bulbs and left it for 4 1/2 hours, stirring a couple of times.







Then I used a stick blender to blend it into a smooth passata.

I did have plans to bottle it, but there wasn't really enough, so I added some mince and herbs and we had bolognese for dinner!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Meg, nice to see you back on the blogger trail..! that looks yum, such a great colour isn't it...
Hi to your Mum and Dad..
Liz
xxx

Meg said...

Hi Liz,
Yes I'm really going to try and blog more this year!!!