Tuesday 14 February 2012

Some garden updates

I've been gradually doing things in the front and back gardens over the past 12 months.
There's a lot to do, and with time and health constraints, I'm pacing myself.



One of the most satisfying jobs has been cleaning up the outdoor area, which had been a bit of a junk area.



It's now a lot cleaner, and has an outdoor setting and a BBQ. We used it for my birthday this year, and for a family christmas lunch. 


This is the overgrown coastal rosemary.

It's still out of control!



This is what the planned vege patch looked like in June 2011.




Unfortunately this is what it looks like in Feb 2012. You can't rush these things.
 


2 comments:

Liz said...

looking good Meg and you're right, you can't rush the veggie garden...you have to give it serious thought and contemplation... :o)
hello to the folks, tell your Mum that her godson is getting married this weekend...who thought my rebel would ever do that...??
XXX

Meg said...

Wow, I didn't know that Chris was Mum's godson. I'll let her know. Hope it's a fantastic day, weddings usually are. Have you got the outfit sorted for this one? If I had my way with the garden it would have had a complete overhaul, but it's Dad's afterall, and I'm treading as carefully as I can :)But it will never get done if I totally wait for him :)